What to do if you have a complaint

Contact Easy Street Direct on 1300 13 14 65.

Community First Credit Union Limited (and therefore Easy Street Financial Services) is a participant in the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice and is happy to offer its Members an internal dispute resolution procedure that is:

  • readily accessible and
  • free of charge

What is a dispute?

A dispute arises if you make a complaint to us about a Community First product or service and you are not satisfied with the response that you receive.

You should be aware that:

  • Our Dispute Resolution System has been established with the aim of resolving problems and enhancing the quality of service provided to our Members.
  • You are not obliged to pursue a dispute with us using our Internal Dispute Resolution procedure. If you do not use the Internal Dispute Resolution procedure, you may commence legal proceedings before, after or at the same time as using the Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure.
  • Our participation in the Internal Dispute Resolution procedure is not a waiver of any rights we may have under the law, or under any contract between you and Community First.
  • An example of a contract between you and Community First Credit Union may be a loan contract, a mortgage, a guarantee, the terms and conditions of an account or the terms and conditions of a VISA card or Redicard. This brochure itself is not a contract between you and Community First and is not enforceable against Community First.

How to request resolution of a dispute

If you are not satisfied with the result of your complaint you should write to Community First asking for the matter to be reviewed. The matter will be referred to our Internal Dispute Resolution Officer for consideration and you will be advised of the outcome accordingly.

If the Dispute Resolution Officer is able to resolve the dispute, they will promptly notify you in writing of, and give reasons for, the outcome. The Officer will normally deal with a dispute within one month of receiving a complaint.

Where you are still not satisfied with the result of your dispute, you may seek further consultation through external facilities available from the Australian Financial Complaints Authority. They may be contacted by telephone on 1800 931 678 (free call).